Tuesday, September 2, 2014

A November Hangover.

So I refused to live my life like a tear-jerker box office spin-off after you left me. But I miss the mountain of a man in my bed, holding me in his arms of steel. And what a black-hole of a thought that is, only I know. I try to bury myself in words in the effort to fend off the hopelessness, but I fail to make love to paper like I made love to you. I try, but my words sit like a twist of lemon in a glass of martini, estranged from the fruit.

During those manic nights when I cannot sleep, I sing to myself that I am free. I seek solace in the little warmth I get from my many people. Everything you were to me is now manifested in different people. I'm well taken care of. There is an abundance of lateral limbic limb-twining luck, and serendipity generated by a computer algorithm A computer algorithm generates them for me- just like it generated you for the very first time. And in my starry-eyed excitement, I sold my innocence to you for a Shawarma and ten lines of poetry.

The truth of all that love haunts me to this day, and the bitterness of its downfall makes me stronger. Though sometimes I'm unsure whether I mistake apathy for strength.

But have no doubt. Be it whatever, I am unlike you. And therein lies my salvation.

Forever,
Fawkes.

No comments:

Post a Comment